Friday, February 15, 2013

The Tranformers

Sunday was our first time working in the studio.  Sandy Darrell was our first client.  She's an emerging fashion stylist who has spent her early life in New Jersey, moved to Bermuda to start her family, and now currently living in Atlanta.  Her style is classy and chic. We spent a total of two hours transforming her entire look. 

I started off with sculpting Sandy's brows. She normally gets her brows threaded, but unfortunately I forgot my threading tools at home [grrrr...I didn't think that I would need them], so I shaped her brows by tweezing. I normally don't like to shape brows by using tweezing as my only method, but because Sandy isn't new to the pull by threading, she was a trooper with tweezing. 


Before applying makeup, I used a primer. Although Sandy's skin is free and clear from blemishes and harsh lines, primer was still necessary for keeping the oil from her skin at bay to provide a smooth canvas for the foundation to stick to. I used a concoction of Iman and MAC products for concealing and for her full makeup coverage. I chose warm, gold hues for her eye shadow, since she planned on having numerous wardrobe changes. Then switch of the lip was the best move. I started off with a bold red lip for her black & cream dress. I used MAC Ruby Woo as a thick liner and added a touch of MakeUp Forever Aqua Cream in red for dimension. To complement her peachy dress, I went for a nude lip with NYX Creamy Beige. Sandy's final ensemble consisted of an all black dress complemented by a Cosmopolitan Fascinator Hairpiece, so I had to end it with a banging oink hue, Matté Sweet Pink by NYX.


Sandy's skin remained perfect throughout the shoot; with just a couple touch ups on her blush here and there, her makeup remained in tact.

It was a pleasure creating the look for Sandy that she absolutely loved. The transformation was amazing. It brought out something in Sandy that she already knew she had - self-expression and true beauty.



It's great to work with the most humble and talented artists I know. It's been a long time coming, but we're finally here  - specifically at 614 N. Valley Brook Dr., Decatur, Ga. 30033.

The Studio: HD Media

The Hair Stylist: Terion Montgomery
The Photographer: Steve Darrell
The Makeup Artist: MyChoKolateKisses
The Model/Stylist: J'Adore La Mode


Love & Kisses,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy...Please Share Your Thoughts!